In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Choosing a new puppy This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- Worm-Free Living EWW! Can I get that from my pet!?! Sharing your world with your pets can be dangerous when they are not kept parasite-free. Learn about common threats and how to prevent and treat them at the Center of Disease Control's website.
- Breeds of Dogs A quick reference guide to many breeds of dogs, including photos and brief descriptions of each breed's characteristics.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline house soiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) The Cat Fanciers' Association website has lots of pictures, as well as information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and much more.
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Rainbow Bridge Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members.
- West Nile Virus This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
- American Veterinary Medical Association This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics on the latest subjects in veterinary medicine.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors, and has lots of good information regarding feline health.
- Pet Loss Support Group Coping with the loss of a pet can often times be a stressful experience. Veterinary Social Work PAUSE Program is offering a Pet Loss Support Group to help those experiencing the grief process.